Our trip last week went really well. We had a great time seeing all of the relatives, and they loved seeing the kids. It was the first time Joshua got to see his GA great-grandparents. While out there, I finished knitting Sugar 'N Spice. I'm in the middle of sewing it up now, so I'll post pictures tomorrow.
SP5 is now in full swing. I've already started putting together my person's 1st package. For the benefit of my pal, here's the SP5 questionnaire.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Yes, I've become a yarn snob. I still use Lion brand occasionally, but not as much as I used to.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet and would like to learn to spin one day.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
I've been knitting for over four years now.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I have an Amazon wish list.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love spicy smells and kitchen smells- ex. vanilla, pumpkin, brown sugar.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I scrapbook, bead, and make bath products.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most music; I don't think there is any particular genre I can't stand. I can play MP3s on my computer.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like deep, saturated colors. I prefer an autumn or winter palette to a spring or summer one.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married with a two year old daughter (Charlotte) and a 5 month old son (Joshua). We also have two cats (Ferris and Sloane).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To raise two happy and healthy kids, be a good wife, and manage to not lose my identity in the process
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
My favorites right now are Rowan cottons- All Seasons Cotton, Handknit DK, and Cotton Glace. I'd also like to try the Rowan Denim yarn.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't like 100% acrylic.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
a sweater for Charlotte, a scarf, a bucket hat, and socks for Joshua
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I like them, but I think they'll be out of style before I could make my own.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself out of a book.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
about a year and a half old
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I like sheep and Winnie the Pooh characters.
25. What is your favorite holiday/season?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn, books, and UFOs
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Rowan Junior, The Yarn Girls' Guide to Kid Knits, Jaeger JB-29, and Jaeger JM-07
If you've made it this far, here's your reward
Joshua's 5 month mug shot.