December 2006 Archives
December 30, 2006
December 25, 2006
December 22, 2006
A Christina's Attic First
After blogging for three and a half years, I've been tagged by Knitting Knirvana for my first meme.
THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly.In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
1. I'm the oldest of eight kids- all from the same parents. And no, we're not Catholic or Mormon.
2. When I was in college, I came back from the dorms to find a sweaty guy with his shirt laying over my bike seat. Repulsed, I marched up and asked him what he was doing with my bike. He apologized, "This is your bike? Sorry." and walked off. It was after he left that I saw my bike lock had been horribly twisted by a large metal stake. I'd just confronted a bike thief.
3. A few months ago, the kids and I were eating at a pizza place when an old lady drove her car into the restaurant. Luckily, she drove into the one set of windows with a steel support column behind them. Otherwise, she would have hit our table.
4. While crossing a highway when I was sixteen, I was hit by a car going about 30 mph. I broke my left tibia and fibula in about 5 or 6 places and had a rod in my leg for a year.
5. Due to that leg rod, my left knee cap is off center. I found out a few years ago that not being able to flex your knee sideways makes it very hard to steer when skiing downhill.
6. I love to wear pajama pants, but can't stand sleeping in them. It drives me nuts when they get twisted up around my legs.
December 18, 2006
Blah, Blah, Blah
Not a whole lot is changing around here. We had a whole three days with everyone healthy last week, and then the kids and I were hit with a stomach bug. Unfortunately, Joshua seems to have the worst of it.
As the deadlines are approaching, the Christmas knitting is getting done. Here are three scarves for Charlotte's teachers.
I also finished a purple version, but didn't get a picture before it was gifted. The pattern is the Purl Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. The yarn is Manos and Crystal Palace Kid Merino.
December 11, 2006
Handmade Christmas Gift Swap
It's been a little while since I posted last, but I got a king-sized version of whatever cold the kids had, and this is the first day in over a week that I've felt up to snuff.
One of the highlights last week was receiving a swap package from Beth.
She had me pegged perfectly; look at the awesome stuff she sent-
a pumpkin pie candle, chocolate cashews, a gift card, and a gorgeous, lined, felted bag. The bag and gift card were both very handy for knit night tonight!
And not only did she send me some great stuff, but there were also gifts for the kids.
Beth, thank you for such a fun swap!