July 19, 2005

Knit-along Updates

The front of Joshua's vest is blocking.

The first time I knit this piece, I came up 5 rows short of the back. After checking my modifications, I realized my mistakes. I wanted to work the neck over 26 rows. The last three rows are straight stockinette- no shaping. These three rows should have been subtracted from the 26, leaving me 23 rows to work the decreases over. Instead I subtracted three from the total number of rows and then subtracted 26 to see when I should devide the neck. For example, I have 48 rows total, I subtract 29 and end up with 19. That ws my first mistake. The second mistake was that I divided the neck on row 19 instead of row 20. So everything was pulled out past the neck shaping, the pattern was recalculated, and I got a finished front on the second try. After it's blocked, I'll sew up the shoulders and make sure it fits over Joshua's head before we get any further.
The yarn for sockapal-2-za arrived today.

My sock pal wanted wild and crazy color, so I'm using Opal Brasil Multi, color number 5001. I'm swapping this project with the Opera scarf on my WIP list so that it will be finished sooner.

Posted by crsattic at July 19, 2005 10:37 PM